The Peranakan Chinese or better known as Baba-Nyonya among many are a subgroup within the Chinese community. The Baba House showcases this well-known traditional Peranakan culture and be prepared to be transported back to the bygone era during your stay.
Your room displays old-world charm with detailed carvings and classic dark wood. The amenities in the room includes TV, direct dial telephone and tea and coffee facilities. If you need to have your clothes washed, the hotel provides laundry services at your convenience.
Get a taste of Melaka's signature dish, the chicken rice balls. It is similar to the usual dish of steamed chicken except this dish comes in round shaped. Tourists can get this at Famosa Chicken Rice Ball located at Jonker Street. Of course no one can leave Melaka without having to try out the Peranakan cuisine including Nyonya Kueh which could easily be found all around the city.
Located 5 minutes away from the hotel by foot is the bustling Jonker Street and you will be amazed with what the market has to offer! From affordable clothing to crafts to food, what more can you ask from a busy and popular must-go destination in Melaka! Melaka's shopping mall, Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall surrounded by living museums way back in time is not to be missed by shopaholics. The mall is located just 15 minutes away by foot.
Melaka is surrounded with historical architectures that will leave visitors in awe. Take a 10-minute walk from the hotel to the oldest functioning Protestant church in the country, Christ Church. It is also the oldest surviving Dutch church outside of the Netherlands. Explore the other famous landmark in Melaka and that is none other than A'Famosa, one of the oldest surviving European architectural remains in Asia.
What You Get:
- 2D1N Newly Renovated Heritage Room
- Breakfast for 2
- Entrance Tickets to Bird Nest Museum for 2
- Free parking
• Travel period valid from 3 July 2013 - 6 August 2013
• Prior reservation required and subject to room availability
Surcharges & Add-ons:
• Surcharge of RM50nett per room per night will be imposed for stay during Saturdays
• Surcharge of RM36.30nett per person per night for extra bed inclusive of breakfast
• Surcharge of RM20nett per person for extra breakfast
• Surcharge of RM10nett per adult and RM8nett per child aged 2-11 years for entrance ticket to Bird Nest Museum
Additional Terms & Conditions:
• Voucher is redeemable right after you receive it (you will receive your voucher immediately upon successful payment); please call 03-2297 3388 customer service line for more information
• Check-in time: 2.00pm / Check-out time: 12.00pm
• Pets are not allowed
• Combine vouchers for extended stay
• (Bird Nest Museum) Monday - Thursday 10.00am to 7.00pm / Friday, Saturday, Public Holidays & School Holidays 9.00am to 7.00pm / Sunday 9.00am to 6.00pm
• Printed vouchers must be presented upon redemption for verification purposes
• No refund permitted once voucher is purchased
• No amendments allowed after confirmed reservation; voucher subject to forfeiture for cancellation, no-show or unused voucher
1) To redeem, call 06-281 1216 or via email email@example.com with the email subject 'Guest Name & Check-in Date' with your:
- Mobile number
- Email address
- IC number (Malaysian citizens only)
- Preferred date(s) of stay
- Number of rooms
- Number of nights
- Attached LivingSocial Voucher(s)
2) Prior reservation required and room is subject to availability
3) Present printed LivingSocial voucher upon arrival